Friday, August 1, 2008

Home Sick?

Stratton and I headed up to Idaho for some cooler weather and some family time. Matt had to stay behind and run the gallery :( I didn't realize how hard it would be to be away from him this long. I especailly miss his help with Stratton! But the heat in Scottsdale right now is unbearable, and one of my best friends from high school is getting married the 8th, so it was a great time to get away. So Strat and I caught a ride with Emily, Nate, and Samuel. It was a super long drive from Arizona, we stopped in Albuquerque to see Melissa and her fam, and then went through Denver to drop off some equipment for one of South's construction sites. It took us 3 days to get up here, but the drive was so beutiful and the babies did really well. I was so excited coming through Colorado and up through Jackson, the mountains were so green and amazing, some still had some snow on them! This was the longest I had ever been away from Idaho (7 months- I know it's kind of sad!) and it is great to be back for a couple of weeks. In Arizona I get really home sick for here, but up here I'm really home sick for Arizona (especailly for my husband!!). I guess it's good that it's starting to feel homey there. So, that's just an update on what's going on with us. I'll have some pics and stuff to post later...

4 comments:

The Roz's said...

Oh I never thought I'd miss Arizona either. Being away from home (and hubby) no matter where it is, is always hard. Hope you enjoy the cool weather and time with family!

Col said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubrey said...

It's so true that how much you miss a place is directly related to who you left there. I don't really miss Arizona, but I REALLY miss everyone there.

Marzipan said...

Yea, I cried when MM was gone for just three days on a trip...I'm sad like that I guess!!
But have fun in Idaho!!