Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Father's Day Matt!

I just wanted to make a special post for Matt since this is his first Father's Day as a father. Matt is an amazing Dad. Stratton loves to wrestle and play rough with him. Everyday when Matt gets home from work, Stratton gets so excited. He loves to crawl around while Matt crawls behind him growling and chasing him. Matt also gives great shoulder rides. Strat likes to grab on to Matt's hair with both hands and then bounce. They're so cute when they play, they squeal and giggle. It's like I have two little boys, at least Matt's mostly potty-trained :) It's so fun for me to watch Stratton give the same looks that Matt does, I just can't believe how he's becoming more and more like his dad. He already charms the ladies, too. Matt always helps out with diapers and feeding, even after a long day at the gallery. He works so hard for our family and to support Stratton's expensive Teddy Grahm addiction. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who is a perfect dad for my little boy. So, Happy Father's Day Honey. I love you!

Minutes after Strat was born. A proud Daddy!

This was on our trip through Nauvoo. It was really windy and we wre trying to protect Stratton's ears, not join a Harley gang.


Last year's Barnes fam reunion. Strat's first camping trip.


My boys love to nap.

Christmas morning

My boys

Matt teaching him all the secrets of becoming an artist.


Stratton's first trip down a slide.

9 comments:

Emily said...

It's so fun to watch these great guys beome such wonderful fathers -thanks Matt for taking such good care of my sister and nephew.

Jessica said...

Those are some cute pics! And maybe someday Stratton will get a Harley!

Brian said...

Happy Father's Day, one of these days I'll be able to celebrate as well. I'm glad I found your blog though, its amazing what you can stumble across when you have time. Check us out, brianandkellyhenry.blogspot.com

Brian Henry

~Cmac~ said...

K, I think it's so obviuos that Stratton already thinks Matt is the coolest. Look at the way he looks at him!

Paula said...

I hope Matt saw this and felt the love! What a neat family!

Kara said...

Such a cute post! I can't believe how much Stratton looks like his dad!!

Aubrey said...

I loved this post. I must say though, the fact that I didn't see it until today is proof that you don't update your blog often enough!

amy said...

I'll show you aubrey, I'll post more, I'll post so much you'll never be able to read them all! Ok, who am I kidding. But you did get me motivated for a second.

Aubrey said...

I say we make a rule for you. Every time you check the comments on your blog you have to make a new post. Doesn't have to be flashy if you don't have a lot of time. One picture. One story. One statement like "I just made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and they're delicious."

It's a good rule. Stamped it. Double stamped it.