Friday, May 23, 2008

A Very Busy Month and a Half

Ok, before you send anymore angry emails, guilt-trip phone calls, or hurtful comments, I'm sorry that I kind of fell off the blog bus for a while :) We've been really busy lately. We had lots of family visit over that last couple of months (I'm not blaming you) and Stratton has been sick a lot (I'm sort of blaming him) so sorry for the lack of new posts.

So to re-cap all of the fun and not-so-fun times, here we go:
At the beginning of April Melissa, Jaxon, Emily, and Samuel all flew to Scottsdale to spend some time with us. We had lists of fun things we wanted to do, but soon realized that with 3 babies to dress, feed, change, and nap it's hard to do much anything else. But we were happy to spend hours just hanging out and letting the babies play together. Stratton hasn't been around many babies his age, and was terrified of Samuel for the first while. Any time he was touched or bumped by one of the other babies he would start to scream. But after a few days of being man-handled he really toughened up. After 5 days of us girls and babies, Nate, Tyler, Dad and Teresa joined us! Here's a short list of the most memorable parts:

  • Wierd rashes-Strat and Samuel got rashes (they cleared up on their own)
  • Baby proofing-Samuel has amazing hand skills and opened anything he could get his hands on including several "baby proof" pill bottles
  • puke: Stratton caught the flu and threw-up on me on at least 10 different occasions. (it was so nice to have my sisters to help peel off vomit-covered clothes)
  • Poison Control: Samuel was working on a sealed bottle of hydrogen peroxide when it slipped out of his hands and broke open, spraying peroxide all over him and in his eyes. Here's a shout-out to the friendly, helpful Poison Control Hotline, thanks!
  • The Nasties: (not to be confused with THE NASTY) this is our new name for diarrhea. Stratton's puking was followed up by a good week of "the nasties".
  • Phoenix Zoo: We did make it to the zoo one day- Matt even took work off and came with us. The babies slept through most of it, but it was a fun day. We even got to pet Sting Rays!
  • Good food: It's always nice to have an excuse to eat out! We also had a great BBQ the last night everyone was here.
  • Shopping: we found some great baby stuff at the outlet malls!
  • More puking and Nasties: Stratton's flu bug worked it's way through me, Melissa, Matt, Teresa, and maybe a few others that were too tough to show it. For a couple of days we just laid around eating take-out and playing games. It was great- except for the Nasties... Thanks Emily for taking care of everybody!
  • Foot Surgery: One night we all went up to Matt's parents for a picnic and some sand volleyball. Everything went well, and we had a great time. Then we got home and my dad said "look at my foot, I broke my toe playing volleyball!" His foot was black and blue from the tip of his big toe to the middle of his foot. He was like, "Hmmm, it's fine I have crooked toes anyways" That's my dad! He's the strongest man alive. Matt said that he has an unnatural pain tolerance...Anyways, he had to have surgery when he got back to Idaho...
  • Expensive jet skis: Emily and Nate stayed a couple of days after everyone else left. One day we rented a couple of jet skis and went to a near by lake (I was surprised that they even have lakes here) Well, to make a long story short, Em, the babies and I were playing to the shore and the boys were off in the water. They were gone for a while and when they came back, both Jet skis were pretty banged up. I guess they rammed each other or something. The details are still a little sketchy. I just kept hearing phrases like "we were going 45 mph" and "so we were trying to submerge the jet skis" and "Nate dared me" All I know is Matt had bruises all over, and that Jet skis are incredibly expensive to repair.
So, all in all it was a great time, I'll take just about anything to be able to spend time with my family!

Andy, Liz, and Lorin (andy's fiancee) also visited this month! We had a great time playing tons of games, shopping, hitting up our favorite restaurants, and lounging by the pool. Any there was no throwing up, so it was great!

Oh yeah! And I was just put in as the Young Womens president in my ward! Yikes! That has been keeping me pretty busy too. It's been very intimidating. It's a small ward, and I'm loving the girls!
The 3 cousins together again! Jaxon, Stratton, and Samuel


When Strat was sick, he just wanted to cuddle with Dad

This is at the zoo, when we got to pet the sting rays

This was probably the only time all 3 of the babies were awake.


Strat loves to have his dad help him walk around.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Amy you made my day. Nathan and I are still laughing. What a great trip!!! Love ya

Amber Dawn said...

It sounds like you're plenty busy! Young Women's President! Congratulations!

Stratton is SO cute! We've grown up so much since the days of the blue bus and the boogie board!

Kara said...

Good luck with being YW President! I loved it. It is VERY time consuming but so worth it! Stratton is so cute! Time for another one!!

Marzipan said...

Your family is so cute!!!

Suzie said...

Thanks for catching us up! Hopefully between YW stuff you'll have chances to do it a little more frequently. It's fun to see you sista's all together!

Aubrey said...

What's THE NASTY?

Oh, and... I miss you guys.

Jessica said...

I can't believe that there's finally a new post! I've been checking nearly every day since the last one! I need to get my sisters having babies (I guess Justine should get married first.) It looks like you girls had so much fun together! And good luck being YW Pres!!!

Camille said...

I am so happy that you did a new post! Holy cow- what a month!!! I am happy that you got to spend time with your sisters . . . and congrats on your new calling!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! :)

Melissa said...

Yeah, Amy whatis "THE NASTY"?

~Cmac~ said...

Hello Amy! Thanks for the sweet comment. I love your blog too. It's so great to be able to just click over and see how you, Emily, and Melissa are doing. I love that you all had babies at around the same time. I think that would be so much fun to share first-time motherhood with sisters. How are you liking Arizona? Chase and I love it there and we'll probably move there after graduation. Are you planning on staying for a while? Maybe we'll live by you in a year or so.