Saturday, May 23, 2009

2 New Paintings


24"x 48's


These are so fresh off the easel they may change some yet but I wanted to post them so Amy could see what I was up to while she is in Idaho. I am really excited cause these are my first water paintings and I think they are great- but there are so many places to go from here. Some places are kinda flat like the blue shadows look chalky but once they get dry and jessoed they are gonna pop- hopefully right off the wall and into someone's home. I am painting like mad cause I had applied for art shows in Colorado through July and felt rather prepared and took some vacation time while Dad maned the gallery and before I knew it all my large paintings were sold and I feel some serious pressure- I think that is one reason I went so loose with the water which helped me fall into this look that I am loving.

6 comments:

Dana said...

That's great that all your other paintings sold...at least it's a good kind of pressure in that sense. These new ones look very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt! how cool are these paintings?! you did a really awesome job!

Aubrey said...

Love it. Bring some to New York and we'll get you into a gallery. And then you can move here. :)

Shantay And David said...

Matt!! These are amazing! We all went camping over the weekend and we sure did miss you guys!! Come up and see us!

Unknown said...

have you ever heard of the art fair source book? it is a great way to find shows that have high traffic and that are well know shows. we sell at a lot of shows all over for the jewelry we make, but its a great easy way to put yourself into different shows.

Paula said...

I love the new paintings! Hopefully you keep them on the wall just long enough for your art show and to sell them!