Saturday, November 17, 2007

Rubbin' Shoulders with Mike Holmgren

We have a motion activated buzzer at the front of the Gallery so dad and I know when someone has come in so we can greet them. I was painting and noticed a large man standing behind me and acting little suprised because the buzzer hadn't alerted me, I exclaimed "oh, Hi!" not recognizing that it was the head coach of the Seahawks. Mike (we are totally on a first name basis now) starts talking to me like we know each other, and it wasn't until much later in the conversation that I asked what he did for a living. Then he realized that I hadn't known who he was this whole time after all but he just laughed it off. I was able to get his photo but I wasn't able to sell him any art.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

He makes you look small.

I'm going to start just assuming everyone knows me and acting surprised when strangers don't know my name.